Vitamin C has been in the public consciousness for years; it became even more famous when the Nobel prize-winning chemist, Linus Pauling, began promoting it as a sort of universal cure-all.
At the IV Nutrient Treatment Center in Beverly Hills, we don’t claim that Vitamin C can solve all your problems, but we DO believe that Vitamin C has an important place in the treatment and prevention of a variety of diseases. This belief is based on an ever-increasing body of scientific evidence.
Do you want to learn more about high dose Vitamin C or setup an appointment with Dr. Bereliani? Call us today at 310.694.9748.
Vitamin C and Neurotransmitters
Did you know that Vitamin C:
- Is required for your body to make serotonin and other neurotransmitters?
- Is anti-inflammatory, and a potent antioxidant?
- Supports the immune system?
- Helps in some neurological diseases?
What’s so important about INTRAVENOUS Vitamin C? It’s so much easier to take a pill!
- High dose Vitamin C given orally causes stomach upset and diarrhea (usually anything over 5 g/day causes problems).
- If you take megadoses of Vitamin C orally, not much is absorbed; most is excreted.
- IV administration results in much higher plasma and intracellular levels of Vitamin C than would be possible orally.
How much Vitamin C can be given safely via IV?
- Infusions of 10-20 g are given routinely. Doses of 100 g at a time have been given with no side effects.
- A small group of patients, particularly those of Middle Eastern descent, may have a genetic disorder called G6PD deficiency; those patients should not receive high-dose Vitamin C therapy. Therefore, we use a simple blood test to rule out this condition before initiating treatment.
Which conditions can treat effectively with intravenous Vitamin C?
- Cold and Flu - shortens both severity and duration of illness
- Wound healing – very useful for post-cosmetic surgery cases
- Depression – Vitamin C helps raise neurotransmitter levels
- Fatigue – revitalizes, boosts energy; best in combination with B-complex vitamins
- Allergies – Vitamin C has antihistamine properties
- Certain neurological conditions
We often give Vitamin C as a part of a combination intravenous nutrient therapy: Myers’ Cocktail. This allows us to take advantage of synergistic biochemical effects.
Contact the IV Therapy Center in Beverly Hills
Please call the IV Nutrient Therapy Center at 310.694.9748 or click to schedule a consultation. Our medical director will give you a thorough evaluation and then discuss the best treatment plan for your individual needs. The Center is conveniently located in Beverly Hills, and is within easy reach of most Los Angeles freeways.
Interested in IV Therapy?
Contact Us Now!